Tuesday, November 17, 2009

DANCE FOR YOUR LIFE

Over the last few weeks I've been overwhelmed, inspired and blessed to have spent intimate times with amazing dancers from all over the country. In Salt Lake Utah I got to experience a rare moment to create a number using bboys, gymnasts, technical, ballroom, and hiphop dancers who all got to share the same stage. Rehearsal was an amazing workshop where all of these energies and talents thrived off of there differences and came together as one to share what they loved...DANCE!

The specialness of it all was not only the dancing experience, but to really get to know some of these individuals on a more intimate level. The dancers found comfort in each other while they got to share why they dance. Everyone had different reasons, from feeling inspired, to releasing, to my personal favorite "to know I'm alive"!

Why do you dance?

Ask yourself that from time to time, because I've found in different stages and phases of my life, the answer has changed.
There is nothing like a community of sharing what you love. That is why staying involved in the community of dance is just as important as any audition, booking, etc. It feeds and fuels your passion. It reminds you that you are not alone in your journey, and how you can learn from others experience, as well as maybe help someone else out.

We sometimes get so caught up in the crazy pettiness of it all. Who's booking what and why? What song are they teaching today? Why didn't I get called for that?
All of these questions sometimes make us lose the point of it all.
So don't forget to ask yourself sometimes... Why do I dance?

My answer:
"I Dance for MY LIFE"!

Always,
Creating Opportunities

Keep in touch with us:

twitter.com/creatingopps
twitter.com/chosneed
twitter.com/lisetteslife

No comments:

Post a Comment